Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

To Aunt Anna’s house we went!

We had the chance to visit Anna in VA this weekend with our good friend Alan!  It was Sophie’s second plane ride.  She did really well.  She loved looking out the window when we were taking off.  It was tough trying to feed her while that was happening.  As a mom, I was more concerned for her ears rather than if she had a good view!  Overall she did great!  She soon fell asleep on me and slept the rest of the way. 

 

DSCN3057 DSCN3070 

Anna took us to see Great Falls National Park.  The water level was very low, but it was still beautiful!  We lucked out with the rain.  As you can see below Chad and Anna came prepared for a rain fall, but all they could use there umbrellas for was a walking stick. 

  DSCN3168DSCN3176DSCN3187DSCN3177

Alan and Marco took a couple days to be tourist in DC.  Looks like they found the Washington Memorial!

DSCN3097

 

Today (Monday) we went to the mall 5 minutes from Anna’s house.  We had a very relaxing, lazy day in the morning.  We wanted to get out for a hour or two, so why not go to the mall!  Anna and I found some lovely coats.  I think we look like chickens.  When we took them off we still were wearing the coat.  It would be a messy piece of clothing to own and very expensive!  They didn’t have a price tag on them, but a shirt in that store was over $100.  I can only image what a coat would cost.

DSCN3196 

Aunt Anna and Sophie loving the time they have together! 

 DSCN3199

At the mall we found some comfy chairs!  I think Sophie found Papa Bears chair! 

DSCN3201 DSCN3204

We stopped in the Pottery Barn Kids store!  Of course they had the cutest things for girls.  We thought Sophie fit in this bedroom set.  I don’t think it fit mom and dad’s budget!  $2,500 or higher!  Yikes…    It’s always fun to dream!

DSCN3208 DSCN3209