We are enjoying Sophie even more now that she is showing her personality more and more. She loves to laugh, smile and yes…she gets into her high pitch voice when she wants to tell us something! I have a feeling we are going to have a “don’t be sassy” talk with her many times. Right now it’s cute!
Sophie dressed up special just for dad on Father’s Day! They both had a great day hanging out with each other. Of course, mom got to be included in on the day too! We went to church, had a picnic lunch at a park with the Berner family and then we went to get a free father’s day sundae at Culver’s. ( mom loved that part! ) Our bellies were pretty full after that, so we went home and had a restful afternoon! Overall, I believe Marco had a great first Father’s Day!
Here a a couple bath photos we took the other day. Mom decided to give Sophie a bath in the kitchen sink. It worked out pretty well. She usually gives her a bath in the tub with a sling/chair to sit in, but she is getting very wiggly. She will wiggle her way out of it if I am not careful. Bath times are special for mom and Sophie. She loves to sit and watch her fingers run through the water and still loves her hair being washed. She is definitely a girl! ( daddy won’t take a picture without her being modest in the tub! What a great dad…teaching her modesty already! I love it! )
We hit another milestone…she is starting to hold her own bottle. It’s a little heavy for her in beginning when the bottle is full, but towards the end she pushes our hands away and wants to do it by herself. Oh..I know we will have to have another talk too! “ Let mom and dad help you” What an independent child we have already.
When walking in to get Sophie from her nap, she was talking and playing with her toes. This is the first time I (mom) saw her find her toes! It was great to be there for that moment! I even took video of it. I know, I know…new mommy!! So what! I get and love to finally be able to experience these times.
I went from full time to part time at my dental assisting job. I am so glad to be able to have more time with Sophie. I will be working two days out of the week. It’s a big blessing and an answer to prayer. How can anyone stay away from this cutie pie! I know I can’t!